*** Before doing any weekly assignments, pray. ***
Week Seven: Grab the Key
Key Concept: Affordability
COACHING POINTS FOR GROUP LEADERS: (WEEK 7) Grab the key
Looking Back (20 Minutes)
- Accountability: Love Does
- What is one thing you did this past week to more habitually repent and in faith turn to Christ and walk in gospel joy?
- Connecting Relationally (Optional):
- These questions are optional based on how much time you have and/or how much time you want to spend on the Looking Up section.
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, feel free to ask about it.
- Otherwise, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Discussion Questions:
- What is the minimum credit score needed to buy a home?
- Should you get preapproved prior to starting a home search?
- What are some things you can do to save money for a down payment?
- Why are large purchases during the loan process harmful to your loan application?
- What are some of the items needed to buy a home (bank statements, photo ID, etc)
- What is the next step for you on the journey to home ownership?
Note: You may want to think about asking a particular question to a particular person (or persons) in your group based on what you know of their story or what God is doing in their lives. Also, remember to include and draw in members of the group who are less talkative than others.
If possible, introduce loan officers and how they have resources to help to get your group members home ready and/ or credit ready.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- Goal-Setting: Love Does
- What is your next step to build homeownership? Commit to taking that next step this week
- Spend time praying.
Many thanks to Montell Watson and Porsche Moultrie for their guidance in this series!