*** Before doing any weekly assignments, pray. ***
Week Five: Movement Mentoring Session 5
Key Concept: Help you understand how to connect with God
Read Mark 12-15
COACHING POINTS FOR GROUP LEADERS: (WEEK 5) LIFE’S BIG QUESTIONS: HOW DO I CONNECT WITH GOD?
Looking Back (20 Minutes)
- Accountability: Love Does
- Did you discuss the sailing metaphor with someone? What was your assessment of where you are in your spiritual journey and did the person you discussed it with agree?
- Connecting Relationally (Optional)
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, feel free to ask about it.
- Otherwise, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Discussion Questions: Prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in determining which of the discussion questions you will ask your group members from If God is Real How Do I Connect With Him?
- Note: You may want to think about asking a particular question to a particular person (or persons) in your group based on what you know of their story or what God is doing in their lives. Also, remember to include and draw in members of the group who are less talkative than others.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- Goal-Setting: Love Does
- The big picture of Mark 12-15 is that we can connect to God through faith. What is one thing you can do this week to grow your faith?
- Spend time praying.