*** Before doing any weekly assignments, pray. ***
Week Three: Grab the Key Overview
Key Concept: Mindset
COACHING POINTS FOR GROUP LEADERS: (WEEK 3) Grab the key overview
Looking Back (20 Minutes)
- Accountability: Love Does
- Did you set aside 15 minutes each day to allow God to speak to you in the Bible Reading Plan?
- What did you like about the model of meditative prayer that we introduced using the acronym A.C.T.S.?
- What did you struggle with in using this model?
2. Connecting Relationally (Optional)
- These questions are optional based on how much time you have and/or how much time you want to spend on the Looking Up section.
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, feel free to ask about it.
- Otherwise, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
3.Introduction to Grab the Key
4.Share the Grab the Key book
5.Show the video: Grab the Key
6. Discussion Questions:
- What impacted you most about the GTK video?
- Did your family own a home when you were growing up? Why or why not? If so, do you remember what the home buying process was like?
- What are some of the stories you’ve heard about homeownership over the years?
- Do you yourself own a home? Why or why not?
- What is the narrative you came to understand about buying a house?
- How has the narrative passed down through generations impacted your perspective about the future?
- Where have you seen change in the homeownership process for the black community?
- YOU could buy a home. YOU can build generational wealth and equity for you and your family. What runs through your mind when you hear that statement?
Note: You may want to think about asking a particular question to a particular person (or persons) in your group based on what you know of their story or what God is doing in their lives. Also, remember to include and draw in members of the group who are less talkative than others.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
7. Goal-Setting: Love Does
- Share this video with 1 friend or family member and discuss the possibility of owning a home someday.
- Spend time praying.
Many thanks to Montell Watson and Porsche Moultrie for their guidance in this series!