Evidence for the reasonableness of the Resurrection
Read Mark 16
COACHING POINTS FOR GROUP LEADERS 6: (Week 6) LIFE’S BIG QUESTIONS: Did Christ’s Resurrection Happen?
Looking Back (20 Minutes)
- Accountability: Love Does
- What did you do last week to increase your faith and connection with God?
- Connecting Relationally (Optional)
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, then feel free to ask them about it.
- Otherwise, on occasion, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Discussion Questions: Prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in determining which of the discussion questions you will ask your group members.
- Note: You may want to think about asking a particular question to a particular person (or persons) in your group based on what you know of their story or what God is doing in their lives. Also, remember to include and draw in members of the group who are less talkative than others.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- Goal-Setting: Love Does
- The big picture of Mark 16 is presenting the evidence for the reasonableness of the Resurrection. What is one thing you can do this week to walk in Resurrection Power?
- Spend time praying.
Coaching Points For Those Who Want to Take Someone Through Life’s Big Questions That Isn’t in Your Mentoring Group
- Be prepared to share about the power of the Resurrection and how it has changed your life.
- Ask your friend whether they think the Resurrection is reasonable. Why or why not?
One Page Outline
- 3 things that create disconnection (too busy, people-pleasing, show me a sign)
- 2 thing that creates connection (faith)Way to connect with God
- Evidence for the Resurrection
- Credibility of Mark’s Account
- Shock #1–The Stone Was Rolled Away
- Shock #2–The Angel
- Shock #3–He Has Risen
- Assess the Credibility
- Legal Proof vs. Scientific Proof
- Examine the Eye-Witness Evidence
- Cover-Up Test
- Bias Test
- Corroboration Test
- Sociological Evidence
- Rise of Christianity
- Transformational Evidence
- Your Story of Personal Transformation through the Resurrection Power of Christ
- Share other stories