Coaching Points for Group Leaders 4: (The Foundation) A Model for Prayer
By: Stephen Phelan
Coaching Points for Group Leaders Session 4: The Foundation: A Model for Prayer
Looking Back (20 Minutes).
- Accountability: Love Does
- What is the one thing you did last week every day to activate your union with Christ?
- Connecting Relationally
- These questions are optional based on how much time you have and/or how much time you want to spend on the Looking Up section.
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, then feel free to ask them about it.
- Otherwise, on occasion, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Suggestion: Read the Key Text out loud. This is a time to get people into the Bible and it is good to open up the word and read it every week.
- Read through the discussion questions and determine which ones you believe the Holy Spirit is leading you to discuss as a group.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- In an effort to be doers of the word and just hearers, we’re going to practice prayer. Read Psalm 23 and give each person a few minutes to practice praying through this Psalm in their prayer journal.
- Goal-Setting: LOVE DOES
- In an effort to be doers of the word and not just hearers, we’re going to practice prayer. Each day, we’re going to make it a goal to follow the Bible Reading Plan and spend 15 minutes in meditative prayer with our pen and the Movement Prayer Journal.
- Prayer Journals: Make sure you hand out the prayer journals and tell everyone to use them for prayer this week and allow God to speak through His word in the Movement Bible Reading Plan.
- Describe one area in which you need prayer and close by praying for each other.