COACHING POINTS FOR GROUP LEADERS (WEEK 29): (PRACTICAL NECESSITIES) FORGIVENESS
Looking Back (20 Minutes)
- Accountability: Love Does
- What step did you take to handle your conflict according to the Biblical principles we discussed?
- Connecting Relationally (Optional)
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, then feel free to ask them about it.
- Otherwise, on occasion, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Discussion Questions: Prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in determining which of the discussion questions you will ask your group members.
- Note: You may want to think about asking a particular question to a particular person (or persons) in your group based on what you know of their story or what God is doing in their lives. Also, remember to include and draw in members of the group who are less talkative than others.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- Goal-Setting: Love Does
- Identify one person you need to forgive or one person to seek their forgiveness. What step are you going to take to offer or to receive forgiveness?
- Spend time praying.