Coaching Points for Group Leaders 10: (BLESS Rhythms) Love God & People
By: Stephen Phelan
Coaching Points for Group Leaders 10: BLESS Rhythms – Love God and People
Looking Back (20 Minutes)
- Did you begin every day last week with the Bible? Discuss the impact it had on you, your key relationships, and your work.
- Connecting Relationally (Optional)
- If you know that a group member is going through a major life event, then feel free to ask them about it.
- Otherwise, on occasion, you may want to also ask the group, “What is one thing you are celebrating that happened last week or one place you saw God show up?”
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Discussion Questions: Prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in determining which of the discussion questions you will ask your group members.
- Note: You may want to think about asking a particular question to a particular person (or persons) in your group based on what you know of their story or what God is doing in their lives. Also, remember to include and draw in members of the group who are less talkative than others.
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- Practice: N/A
- Goal-Setting: LOVE DOES
- What is one step you are going to take this week to love God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength by loving people this week?
- Based on your earlier discussion, pray for the one area you are hoping for and/or the area in which you need God to show up.