Coaching Points for Mentors Week 1- Overview
Looking Back (20 Minutes).
- Open the group by sharing how excited you are to invest in and love on this group over the next year.
- Set the logistics of the group
- Starts on time and ends on time every week
- We’ll discuss the commitments that we’re all going to make to each other as we read through the overview in our looking up section
- One of many ways we are building a culture of mentoring is through t-shirts and hats. You can purchase these at the Movement Gear store: https://store.ecompanystore.com/movement/Shop/#/
- Once you are on the site, type in “Movement Mentoring” to find the mentoring gear.
- Remind people of the commitments moving forward
- As long as I believe the group is adding value to my life, I commit to attending the group and coming prepared, apart from traveling or emergencies with families.
- I am committing to keeping anything that is shared absolutely confidential.
- I will pray for the others in my group.
- Have everyone answer the following question, “Why are you interested in mentoring?”
- Note: This initial section may not take the entire 20 minutes
Looking Up (20 Minutes)
- Read the Overview out loud together
Looking Forward (20 Minutes)
- Practice (N/A)
- Plan Off-Site Dinner
- Commit to Reading the training Session on a Spirit-Filled Life and answering questions
- Read Tim Keller’s Spiritual Assessment Tool (provided in the overview) and discuss it with a close friend and/or spouse
- Commit to the first LoveDoes challenge: your drive to work (or your first 15 minutes if you work at home) will be oriented around connecting with God (worship, prayer,
Bible reading, meditation, etc.).
- Vision-Casting: N/A
- To begin to get to know one another and dip our toes in the waters of vulnerability, share one area of current struggle with the group and then take a few minutes to close out the group in prayer for one another.